Lean ‘n Creamy Crepes are a result of my mom needing a dessert for our Lean ‘n Italian Cuisine night. She had some strawberries that were going to go bad so I figured I would google “strawberry Italian dessert.” Crepes looked like our best bet. My goal was to make a crepe out of egg whites and Lean ‘n Complete (lean protein and high fiber) all while keeping the consistency and taste like a real authentic crepe. To my surprise I succeeded! Fill them with your favorite fruit along with some light whipped cream or make a low-fat ricotta cream (still experimenting). A good change from protein smoothies.
Calories (per crepe): 62 Protein: 8 g Total Carbs: 6 g (4 g net) Fiber: 2 g Fat: 2 g
- 1/2 cup egg whites (we use the cartons of egg whites to make it easy)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Lean ‘n Complete (1/2 serving)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Cooking Spray
- 1 medium sized frying pan
- Light whipped cream
- 10 strawberries cut to preference (or other favorite fruit)
- Put frying pan on stove and set to medium heat
- Mix Lean ‘n Complete, cinnamon, and egg whites in small mixing bowl
- When pan reaches appropriate heat, lightly coat it with cooking spray
- Pour crepe mixture in pan so that it barely covers the bottom of the pan.
- Wait until small bubbles appear throughout the top of the crepe (20-40 seconds)
- Flip the crepe and cook for another 10 to 20 seconds.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until mixture is gone (3-4 crepes)
- Fill each crepe with a few squirts of light whipped cream and strawberries