This is the first of a few Leaner Living Pizza recipes. I chose the Perfect Pesto Pizza first simply because it is my favorite! I believe it is my brother’s as well. Pizza is generally thought of as junk food because of its high calorie / fat / carb content, but with our touch, we turned it into pure Leaner Living gold! Even though we will be posting other pizza recipes, the basic concept will remain the same – The crust is a low-carb tortilla, the sauce is made from Leaner Living approved foods, the cheese is made with 2% or fat-free (I like 2%, my brother likes fat-free), and the toppings are Approved Lean Meats and Veggies. It is pretty simple and they do VERY well as hors d’oerves (appetizers) or as a complete meal!
This pizza has high fiber, lean proteins, vegetables, and healthy “lean” fats – See a trend?
One thing to note is that you can save time by making big batches of our pesto sauce (or buying a jar from the store) and / or grilling chicken breasts in advance (or using already cut up and grilled frozen chicken slices that come in a bag at the store).
Calories: 276 Protein: 35 g Total Carbs: 17 g (7 g net) Fiber: 10 g Fat: 12 g
- 1 medium low-carb tortilla
- 1 Tbsp pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup 2% or fat-free shredded mozzarella
- 6 oz sliced grilled chicken breast
- small handful of spinach
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Bake tortilla for approximately 4 minutes on each side until it is slightly brown and crisp.
- Remove tortilla from oven and spread pesto evenly close to the edges.
- Top cheese evenly along with chicken and spinach. Sprinkle Italian seasoning (optional).
- Place back in oven and bake until cheese melts.
- Remove your Perfect Pesto Pizza and serve in quarters.
- Take pride in knowing you just made a pizza that is actually good for you!