I can’t think of many people who don’t like a good parmesan chicken dinner. The good news is that the chicken provides ample protein for getting lean, the bad news is that the added bread crumb crust provides ample carbohydrates/unnecessary calories for gaining fat. There is a solution! Just like our Mozzarellean Cheese sticks, we have substituted the fattening bread crumbs with the almighty ALMOND FLOUR! If you are used to making this recipe with bread crumbs, try it with the almond flour and don’t tell your spouse. I bet they won’t notice. For the best results, we recommend using the Perdue Fit & Easy Thin-Sliced chicken breasts.
P.S. This meal goes great with spaghetti squash.
Calories (per serving): 228 Protein: 31 g Total Carbs: 5 g (3 g net) Fiber: 2 g Fat: 9 g
- 1 pound Perdue Fit & Easy Thin-Sliced Chicken Breasts
- 1 beaten whole egg
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or no sugar added marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- On small plate, mix almond meal, garlic, and salt. Spread evenly on plate.
- Beat 1 egg in small bowl.
- Dip each thin-sliced chicken breast into egg mixture and cover completely.
- Let egg drip off chicken and then cover each side with almond mixture by placing on top.
- Place each almond battered breast on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Spoon on some marinara and top each breast with cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with some yummy veggies and watch your spouse get leaner without knowing!